OK, so in summation about the road trip, here are some highlights and bullet points.
- My little Honda Civic averaged about 40 miles per gallon
- Number of pit stops on the trip home – 3, one at a Washington rest stop, one at a truck stop in Pissbreak, OR, and one at a truck stop in Wizzstop, CA
- Total time to get home – 14 hours
- 3 – the number of Go Jimmy Go songs heard in a juke box while in Seattle. (And no, I didn’t pick them)
- Number of times carded – 4
- 1 new pair of Elvis shoes, 1 new pair of capris, 1 new hat, a bag of tee shirts and 1 new wallet bought for myself
- Number of uncharacteristically self-aware epiphanies I had while I was alone for 14 hours on the road = 2
That was an awesome trip, but I don’t want to do it again any time soon. My next trip is going to involve a plane ticket, for sure.