Here’s a list of things I don’t want to hear from people who have read this here blog:
- I’ve been reading your blog, and I got you this sock monkey!
- I’ve been reading your blog; am I the Object of Crush? (from, you know, Not Him)
- I’ve been reading your blog….you’re weird.
- I’ve been reading your blog; can I give you the number of my psychiatrist?
- I’ve been reading your blog; why do you listen to all those crappy bands?
- I’ve been reading your blog, and I found out where you live, and I’ve been hiding in the bush outside your window for the last 90 days.
- I’ve been reading your blog; actually, I submitted some of your writing as my own, and just got offered a book deal. Thanks!
- I’ve been reading your blog; your mom sounds hot. Can I have her number?
- I’ve been reading your blog, and I want to meet you and go on a date. (yeah, this sort of happened once, and now I know why it’s a nightmare)
It’s coming. I swear. I know I haven’t been writing about myself too much lately. I will. There’s one coming. I promise.
Without realizing it, I managed to go almost two weeks without posting a single entry. I’ve become a slacker, it seems. I have been a busy gal.
And then there was another funeral. It was my step-grandfather, so not someone I was close to. In fact, I only met him once. I mostly went down to be supportive of my family. My sister and step-brothers and nephew. And so, I swooped into Bakersfield after the funeral, and dragged them out to play mini-gulf. I got my ass handed to me. Seriously, my step-brother is a put-put God!
Along the way, there’s been lots of hi-jinks and a whole lot of hanging out with Kayphore, who’s quickly becoming my most favoritest person in the universe. Us cyborgs have to stick together. And I have discovered that I am a cyborg. I must be, because I can be funny in HTML. No lies.
So, anyway, I’ll try to be more entertaining and to have more to say. There’s some exciting band weirdness coming up this weekend that I’ll write about afterwards.
There’s also maid of honor hi-jinks to come, and again, I’ll keep you up to date.
So, I guess what I’m saying is, “stay tuned.”
Last week, I hit a milestone and broke a record with this here little journal. On Friday, I set a new daily page views record. The next day, I broke 10,000 page views since I moved to WordPress.
Here are some highlights from last week:
- The Monkey Kids returned to the drive-ins. An old tradition was reborn. We caught a decent flick, and the train went by TWICE.
- Also Wednesday, there was more piano barring. I even sang a little. It’s was JMR’s birthday, too.
- Friday was Maldroid at Bottom of the Hill. Had some giggles with the girls, and managed to survive the sweltering heat. Thank heaven for Pali’s passport application, which we made into a fan during the Maldroid set. The guys busted out some sweet new tunes, too. Oh, and there was a little bit of after party action at K4’s pad afterwards. It was all about the Slurpees, Soap, and Gently Hot. Oh, and A Grand Worth of Dildos! (Best Band Name EVA! If my band didn’t already have a name . . .
I really appreciate your readership, and I hope you continue to enjoy my thoughts, musings, and silliness!
WordPress provides me with a pretty impressive set of stats on this here blog. It tells me which posts are being viewed the most. (Silly Jackson 5 post) It also tells me where folks are clicking from to get here, like MySpace or other blogs. It also tells me what terms people entered into search engines in order to come to my blog.
Most of these terms make sense. I would hope that when you go to Google, and enter “peggyluwho” you’d come to me. The blog is in fact the first entry.
However, the number one search engine term used to reach my blog, of all time, is “rats”. I did one post about rats. One. And it wasn’t even good. But what I really want to know is, what search engine are you people using?
I entered “rats” in Google, Yahoo, and Ask, and none of them came up with my blog within the first five pages. I assume that, like me, most people who don’t find what they’re looking for in the first page or two, give up and search for something else. So, I’m assuming that there’s some search engine out there, that when you enter “rats” it gives you my blog within the first four pages.
What is that search engine?
Of course, now that I’ve posted this entry with the word in it about 12 times, it’s really going to be the #1 search term.
I just want to know, if you’re here, and you’re reading this after doing a search for “big rats,” what engine did you use? Please tell me. The curiosity is killing me.
Not being able to fall asleep until after three in the morning sucks. However, it does provide me the opportunity to read more blogs and news stories, as well as post some myself.
Last night, I found this article on New York times about a bunch of older women who were having a knit in against the war. I think it was linked from Feministe. Anyway, the wisdom of elders is undeniable when you read things like this quote from 93 year old grandmother Marie Runyon: “Give Iraq our Constitution, we’re not using it!”
Saw this post today on Feministe regarding this article.
Basically, a couple of girls in Saudi Arabia pepper sprayed the moral cops who were trying to give them “advise” about how to dress more properly. Fight the patriarchy, people. Say no to the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, and yes to short shorts.