OK, I know I’ve mentioned in at least two blog posts that there were changes a comin’ to my life. Well, here’s the big reveal – I moved . . . . again.
Yes, that would make the fifth move in four years.
Yes, I am crazy.
So, I am once again living with roommates. No more pantsless-ness . . . well, unless I’m in my own room.
There are several reasons why this is way better –
- No more sleeping with a baseball bat to fend off things that go bump in the night.
- No more sleeping mere feet from drug dealers and prostitutes who are only separated from me by a thin piece of glass.
- No more sinking suspicions that my room is going to become an inescapable vortex which I will never be able to free myself from the very next time I close myself in it. (Yes, that is a real fear that came over me while I was sitting home alone one night.)
- No more leaving the TV on 20 hours/day just to keep me company.
- I live in a house now. A whole house. Multiple rooms. Living room, kitchen, bedroom, etc. All separated by walls. It’s astonishing.
- I have an instant social life. (Just add beer.)
- I live with a cat now.
- I am living with some of the coolest folks, friends I’ve known for years, who I really truly love and respect.
So, there you have it. Now you know why I have been taking my damn time posting up pictures from my holiday. I couldn’t find my laptop in the boxes. I’m slowly digging out from the pile, though. Hopefully I’ll develop a routine for this new life. (For example, I went to the gym this morning before work. Damn that’s weird.)
I think it just was about time to shake it all up all over again. So I did.